Excel Basic / Intermediate Training on July 18, 2017
- Location: Atlanta / Conyers / Rockdale County
- Start Time: 8:00 am
- End Time: 2:00 pm
- Instructor: Chris Menard
Excel Basic / Intermediate Course Description:
In this course, you will learn how to work with large worksheets in Microsoft Excel 2013 / 2016, and use multiple worksheets and workbooks efficiently. In addition, you will learn more advanced formatting techniques, such as applying special number formats, using workbook styles and themes, adding backgrounds, and mimicking watermarks.
Also, you will learn how to create outlines and subtotals, and how to create and apply cell names; sort and filter data, and create and format tables. They will learn how to save workbooks as Web pages, how to insert and edit hyperlinks, and how to share workbooks via email. Finally, you will learn how to audit worksheets for errors, how to protect worksheets, how to share and merge workbooks, and track changes in a workbook.
Just some of the topics from Excel level 2
Managing workbooks and worksheets
- Topic A: Viewing large worksheets
- Topic B: Printing large worksheets
- Topic C: Working with multiple worksheets
- Topic D: Linking worksheets with 3-D formulas
- Topic E: Using multiple workbooks
- Topic F: Linking workbooks
Keyboard Shortcuts for Excel 2
excel_keyboard_shortcuts from Chris Menard – 1 page of my favorite shortcuts (pdf)
- Topic A: Using special number formats
- Topic B: Other advanced formatting
Outlining and subtotals
- Topic A: Outlining and consolidating data
- Topic B: Creating subtotals
Data structure and tables
- Topic A: Sorting and filtering data
- Topic B: Working with tables
Documenting and auditing
- Topic A: Auditing features
- Topic B: Comments in cells and workbooks
- Topic C: Protection
- Topic D: Workgroup collaboration
- Topic A: Sum, Average, Max, Min, Large, Small, Median
- Topic B: Countif, Sumif, If Statements, and other functions
Survey for Excel 2
Videos of topics covered in class
Countif with Conditional Formatting
Freeze rows and columns
Use Subtotal function with Filters
Text to Values or Numbers
T function is used
Several videos from Excel Intermediate
Below are videos from some of the topics from Excel level 2.
- Video 1 is how to create a 3D reference in Excel.
- Video 2 shows how to use Conditional Formatting with the Countif Function.
- Video 3 is how to transpose or switch data.
- Video 4 shows page breaks, printing titles, and using Subtotals to automatically create page breaks.