July 19, 2017 – Excel Advanced Training in Atlanta, GA.
- Location: Atlanta / Conyers / Rockdale County
- Start Time: 8:30 am
- Instructor: Chris Menard
Covered in this Excel Advanced Class:
In this Advanced Excel training class, you will build on your skills from Microsoft Excel 2016 / 2013 Basic and Intermediate courses. You will work with advanced functions and formulas, as well as lookup functions such as VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX. In addition, we will cover data validation and will use advanced data filtering. You will apply advanced chart formatting options, and create complex charts.
Full table of contents from Excel 3
Full table of contents for Excel 3
Keyboard Shortcuts for Excel 3
Unit 1: Advanced functions and formulas
- Topic A: Logical functions
- Topic B: Conditional functions
- Topic C: Financial functions
- Topic D: Text functions
- Topic E: Date functions
- Topic F: Array formulas
Unit 2: Lookups and data tables
- Topic A: Using lookup functions
- Topic B: Using MATCH and INDEX
- Topic C: Creating data tables
Unit 3: Advanced data management
- Topic A: Validating cell entries
- Topic B: Advanced filtering
Unit 4: Advanced charting
- Topic A: Chart formatting options
- Topic B: Combination charts
- Topic C: Graphical objects
Unit 5: PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Topic A: Working with PivotTables
- Topic B: Rearranging PivotTables
- Topic C: Formatting PivotTables
- Topic D: PivotCharts
Unit 6: Exporting and importing data
- Topic A: Exporting and importing text files
- Topic B: Getting external data
Unit 7: Analytical tools
- Topic A: Goal Seek
- Topic B: Scenarios
Unit 8: Macros and Visual Basic
- Topic A: Running and recording a macro
- Topic B: Working with VBA code
Contact Chris Menard for Training
Audit an Excel worksheet by Chris Menard
This video shows you how to use Trace Precedents and Trace Dependents to Audit a worksheet.
Use Advanced Filters in Excel
Video below demonstrates how to use Advanced Filters in Excel with you are looking for different criteria and filters won’t do the trick. An example would be looking for employees that work in Accounting that work in the Atlanta office, and Marketing that work in Jacksonville, FL office. Filters will not do this. You have to use Advanced Filters.
Transpose Data in Excel
The video below demonstrates how to swap rows and columns. This is called Transposing data in Excel.
Create a 3-D reference in Excel
Video below demonstrates how to create a 3-D reference in Excel. Works in all versions of Microsoft Excel.
Consolidate Data in Excel
Video below demonstrates how to using Excel’s Consolidate features to add multiple worksheets together.
Other Technology Videos
Online Excel Training with Chris Menard at Teachable
Not in Atlanta? You can learn Microsft Excel with Chris Menard with his Excel Online Training Class which is now online at http://chrismenardtraining.teachable.com